With tax season over, the big carrier prepaid brands are dialing back their promotions. Last week, Cricket ended its $ 40 unlimited single line plan and MetroPCS dropped its free iPhone SE offer, raised phone prices . Now it’s Boost Mobile’s turn to downsize its offer. Here’s what’s changed at Sprint’s prepaid brand:
The following offers have changed for the worse:
– The 4 Lines of $ 50 Unlimited Gigs Plan for $ 100 ($ 110 with Todo Mexico) with port-in has been replaced with a new 3 lines of Unlimited Gigs for $ 100 plan. Four lines are $ 130. The new offer includes 20 GB of hotspot instead of 8 GB and does not require a port-in if activated before 5/7. Video streams at 480p, music at 400 kbps and gaming at 2 mbps.After 5/7 a port-in will be required and the offer ends 7/16.
– The Free Samsung Galaxy J7 Perx and six months of Hulu for Free with port-in offer has been replaced with a free Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge for switchers. Available at Boost dealers only, not online and requires activation on the $ 50 plan, offer will not be availabe after 7/9.
– The price of the iPhone 6 with port-in has increased from $ 49.99 to $ 99. At dealers only, requires activation on the $ 50 plan, oends 7/9.
It’s not all bad news as the following promotions that were due to end 4/16 have been extended until 7/9:
– Add a Line, First Month Free add a new Unlimited Gigs plan line of service to an existing individual or family plan and get the first month of service for free. At dealers only
– Bring Your Own Phone, Free Month on Us Activation of a new line of service on the $ 50 Unlimited Gigs plan required. At dealers only.
Other ongoing Boost Promotions that are still available:
– 6 Months of Free Tidal Music and Video Streaming. Available to current users. To activate it, log into your Boost account and choose the “$ 0 Tidal 6 Month Trial” add-on.
– Referral Program: Referrer and referee will each receive a $ 25 account credit.
Source: Boost Mobile (1) (2) (3) (4)